Director of operations + HEAD QB COACH
Jake was born and raised in Washington state; now married to Brooke and father of son Jackson. Heaps developed a passion for football, particularly the quarterback position, at a very early age. He went on to have a prolific high school career at Skyline High School playing for legendary coaches Steve Gervais and Mat Taylor. He went on to play at the collegiate level for BYU, Kansas, and Miami (FL). The past two years he has spent in the NFL for the New York Jets (2015) and the Seattle Seahawks (2016-2017) respectively.
Heaps has had the fortune of exposure to some of the best offensive and quarterback-minded coaches in the game of football. He has learned the game from the likes of Darrell Bevell, Carl Smith, Chan Gailey, Charlie Weis, James Coley, Robert Anae and Ron Powlus. He has also learned private quarterback training philosophies from Terry Shea, Trent Dilfer, and George Whitfield.
Heaps previously founded the Empire Quarterback Academy. He has worked with youth quarterbacks, top high-school quarterback prospects, and collegiate quarterbacks in the Northwest region. He is a member of the coveted Elite 11 coaching staff responsible for The Opening at Nike headquarters. Jake loves working with quarterbacks of all ages and wants to help young quarterbacks realize their potential by teaching them to embrace the process of constant hard work and to have an optimistic mindset.
- #1 Rated High School Quarterback Recruit in the Country (2010)
- Won 3 Straight State Championships ('07, '08, '09)
- 40-2 as a Starter
- US Army All-American
- Gatorade State Player of the Year ('08)
- Elite 11 MVP ('09)
- Broke every major freshman passing record long held by Ty Detmer (BYU)
- Freshman All-American (BYU)
- Named to Davey O'Brien Watch List (BYU)
- 2nd Team Academic All Big 12 (Kansas)
- Team Captain (Kansas)
- Don Fambrough Leadership Award Recipient (Kansas)
- The U Respect Award Recipient (Miami)
- New York Jets (2015)
- Seattle Seahawks (2016-2017)